Update: May 14, 2020
Our website is now accepting new orders. A daily order limit has been set to ensure that we are able to process and ship orders within three to five business days.
Update: April 29, 2020
Thank you for your patience. As the growing season draws closer, we are receiving more enquiries about order status. We appreciate your concerns and the time sensitive nature of the seed business, and we are getting close! Our online ordering system will remain closed until we are caught up on existing orders.
Due to social distancing and new procedures in the warehouse, catching up on orders is taking a little longer than anticipated. We apologize for the delays and would like to thank you for your patience as we work through these constraints. We are continuing to find efficiencies every day, and believe we can be caught up in the next two weeks. We are currently planning to start accepting new orders in mid-May.
If you have already placed an order, we are working hard to process it. You will receive an email notification when your order has shipped. We are unable to make changes to existing orders at this time. If you would like to cancel your order, please send your name and order number to email@example.com
Update: April 3, 2020
Our ordering system is temporarily closed to new orders.
Please support our decision to keep our workplace safe. The health and wellbeing of our staff is our primary concern. At OSC, we have taken our role as an essential service provider seriously for more than 125 years. In order to continue supplying seeds to our country’s invaluable growers, and to ensure proper physical distancing in our workplace, we have remained open with limited staff. As we are operating in a limited capacity, we have been overwhelmed by the increase in demand and we are taking some time to catch up.
Please do not be alarmed; we are not out of seed! Aside from a few shortages, we have strong inventory levels for the majority of our varieties. We will be taking this time to catch up on existing orders and prepare for the busy growing season ahead. We are also servicing our retail partners. These would include hardware stores, feed stores and nursery/grow centres that are classified as an essential business.
If you have already placed an order, we are working hard to process it. All existing orders are being processed in sequence of when they were placed. Most orders are shipping within 10 to 14 business days. Plenty of time to get your garden in. You will receive an email notification when your order has shipped. We are unable to make changes to existing orders at this time. If you would like to cancel your order, please send your name and order number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding!
Ontario Seed Company
March 25, 2020
Please help us control the spread of COVID-19.
We are currently operating on a limited schedule in an effort to protect our staff and customers. Here’s what this means for your seed order:
- Most orders are being processed within five to ten business days. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns about your order.
- Several OSC office staff members are working from home. We apologize, but our ability to respond to telephone inquiries is limited while we are operating on a reduced schedule. Thanks for your understanding.
- Our current hours of operation can be viewed on our contact page.
- The OSC main office is now closed to the public. If you have already arranged a pick-up please contact us so we can facilitate other options.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning throughout our facility. OSC staff are encouraged to practice proper hygiene. Work stations have been rearranged to limit contact between staff.
- Our production facility is closed to the public at this time.
We are happy you have found our site and hope it brings you some solace to plan your garden and look forward to brighter times.
As outlined above, we have implemented a number of measures to keep our staff healthy and safe. The well being of our staff is our first priority. The new safeguards we’ve introduced along with increased demand for garden seed may result in delays processing and shipping your orders. Our team has been truly impressive in their effort to keep up with the increased workload. Due to this incredible effort, most orders are still being shipped from our facility within five to ten business days.
As the situation continues to evolve, we will adjust our processes to best serve our staff, customers and fulfill government regulations. We appreciate your patience and support as we try to best serve you and will keep you informed if increased demand or new procedures will further impact our processing time.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we all navigate these uncharted territories.
Stay safe, stay healthy and happy growing!
Here are a few resources that we’ve found helpful:
- World Health Organization www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Government of Canada Public Health www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection
- TeleHealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
- Region of Waterloo Health Services www.regionofwaterloo.ca/COVID19
Spring is here!